rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women that refuse to go for men of their own background.

Women that refuse to go for men of their own background.

Quote: (02-10-2019 03:09 AM)Rorogue Wrote:  

Us Desis need to start cloning men like Cobra, or at least his mindset.

If we applied the same humility and work ethic we have for careers, to dating, we would be next level

I actually had a conversation with my Tamil-American friend about this a while back. We were talking about why a lot of Indian guys in the US seem to get really frustrated with dating and such when, at least in terms of economics, they are statistically the most well-positioned to succeed.

I theorized that arranged marriage is at least a minor factor. My friend hasn't had anyone arranged for him but the subject has been brought up by his mom more than once as I understand and it is something that he will always have in his back pocket. If all else goes wrong, an Indian guy will always have that fail safe.

It is my theory that this has the psychological effect of making a lot of Indian guys complacent when it comes to meeting and dealing with women. Why put so much effort into it when your parents can just import a polite trad girl from the old country who you only have to meet 3 times before marrying and with whom you don't have to bother with breaking the ice, escalating, small talk, etc. during that time because you are just there to get down to business and discuss the important things that you both actually care about. And after they marry her, she will take care of them and be very unlikely to divorce them because of familial and social pressure as well as the cultural expectation that you don't marry the one you love but grow to love the one you marry.

I think this gives a lot of guys a sense of security that white guys like myself, for example, will never have just because that isn't something our parents would or could ever do for us. I can see how it could make a lot of guys slack and put off learning Game until, next thing they know, they're 28 and still haven't gotten laid so they might as well call their parents and tell them that it's time to fly Sujata over from Gujarat.

I actually told my friend that I was a bit jealous of Indian guys for having this option. Even if my parents were ever going to arrange someone for me, it would not be a nice trad girl from the old country but some chubster from Louisiana who can only "cook" Kraft macaroni and cheese and demands that I split the housework.

Anyway, that's just a suspicion I have so I may or may not be completely off.

All of that said, like I mentioned in my other post above, I've personally seen Desi guys doing well in several countries so I know it's not the case that women are just not attracted to Desi guys. It's mainly down to mindset, identifying the females who are into you, and ignoring the ones who aren't.

Messages In This Thread