rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wife Hunting Abroad

Wife Hunting Abroad

The obvious is stated never take them back to the West. Your fighting a losing battle.

As far as Colombia goes I have lots of friends that have married Colombian women or vice versa foreign women marrying Colombian men. The ones that have proven succesful all still live in Colombia. The age differences are not to far apart. The spouses all work and have a drive to be successful not only in there careers but with their families. They all are educated and come from good families. They have the means to support children and give them a first world education in Colombia...

I have been living and working here for some time. I see Colombia for what it is, I enjoy the culture, friendly people and beautiful women. It's perfect for me because in my view I see Marriage as a fairy tale and the worst business deal of all time. It's to big a gamble in this day and age. I also do not want children so why get married.

I can roll with the flakiness and the laid back manana culture here without losing my shirt so to speak. Most men think they can handle Colombia and Colombian women long term but it takes a special breed. Eventually most men crack or have to get the hell out of here.

I really believe your taking a big gamble trying to get married with a Colombian women unless she ticks these boxes:

She has or shares similiar interests, Is educated, has travelled abroad (knows more of the world than just Colombia) possibly speaks another language, and comes from a family that is at minimum middle class and is not looking for the gringo to save the day. (Yes there are cases that work that don't fit these criteria)

Remember too....IN Colombia you not only marry the girl you marry the family. Get ready for in-laws to stay with you for weeks at a time, weekends at fincas and primas bdays...you better like the family!

You throw in age differences, culture differences and financial differences your looking at issues further down the line that become very big problems. Really think about it and take your time when pursuing a Colombian women!

Messages In This Thread