rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Protesters

Covington Catholic Collegiate Boys DC stand off with Native & Black Hebrew Protesters

Quote: (01-22-2019 03:41 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2019 11:25 AM)Waqqle Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2019 11:19 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

Nathan Phillips, Fake Marine
Stolen Valor at its Finest
https://quodverum.com/2019/01/22/nathan-...arine.html

He says that he is "what they call a recon ranger." I was in the Army and interacted daily with members of all other branches (minus the Coast Guard). I was not in for long and it was recent as I'm not that old but I have never heard anyone refer to any MOS/rate/etc. as "recon ranger." "Recon" is something that both the Marine Corps and the Army have but "Ranger" is the name for the US Army's elite light infantry. They are two entirely separate things from two different branches.

The fact that he thinks that there is or ever has been something called a "recon ranger" says that he not only was not in Vietnam but that he is not a veteran and has not even seriously researched the military. To anyone who has been in any branch of the US military, the term "recon ranger" just sounds ridiculous and made up.

Its properly Force Recon or Force Reconnaissance.

I know. My father was a combat Marine during Vietnam. An actual one.

Did people ever say "recon ranger" though? That's the term I've never heard. To me, it sounded weird like saying "artillery sailor" or "armor pilot."

Messages In This Thread