rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

Just did Muay Thai for the first time a couple hours ago. I'll be doing more sessions in conjunction with Systema and FMA. Things have popped up in my life but MT is cool, it's something I want to add to my repertoire.

TK said:
"8) Hard to find traditional Muay Thai in the West. Lots just teach the boxing and basics. Few do the traditional conditioning and spiritual parts. Not always a bad thing, just means you miss certain parts."

Probably was the case. The instructor shouted some presumably Thai words before doing drills and before starting class. The session was like a boxing class almost. We would do strikes, footwork, and conditioning. Don't get me wrong, it was fun and I got some mileage out of it.

TK said:
"You may have to find separate boxing instructor to supplement that aspect of your game."

Totally agree. Some of the people I saw couldn't punch for shit.

I study this stuff to get ready post-Trump. Just like my signature suggests, time to prepare before times really get bad.

_____

Yeah Richard, I'm pretty much on the same boat. BJJ is a beautiful sport, I've done it and it isn't easy. The people that earn their stripes are admirable. With that being said you don't want to be on the ground in a street fight. I have an instructor who told me when you're on the ground you will have to watch your opponent's hands as he can grab a knife or a gun. The other obvious con is there may be other attackers around to curb stomp you.

I remember one of my instructors telling the class of a youtube video where a guy was getting beat while the attacker was mounting him...in hindsight BJJ will not save you in that situation. Best solution would be to verbally deescalate or run away or if it came down to it not go on the ground.

Quote: (09-21-2018 09:31 AM)kosko Wrote:  
For the folks who stay ignorant and hating and not improving their situation during these Trump years, it will be bleak and cold once the good times stop.

Messages In This Thread