rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mr Money Mustache Divorce

Mr Money Mustache Divorce

Quote: (01-06-2019 09:35 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2019 09:29 AM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

Quote: (01-05-2019 04:42 AM)Higgins Wrote:  

I think only 1 person here so far has touched upon the most neglected and possibly the most contentious point so far: It is possible to hide assets, especially in this day and age.

I won't go into details that have been discussed already, but crypto is one great option. Obviously to MMM's case, his net worth is well known and public having built a blog on top of it, so it's not so easy however no reason a guy like that can't throw 500K into say XMR.

If it ever hit the courts, he could just say "oops, transferred it to wrong address, bye bye".

The last guy that did something similar spent many years in jail. On no charge but contempt of court. A lot of people here are WILDLY underestimating the brutality/insanity of Family Court in the USA. They're not "asking" for stuff, please and thank you. They simply tell you to come up with crazy amounts of money or go to jail. If you have money (or even rumors of money), top notch lawyers will hire "experts" to "prove" you have the money...whether you have it or not. They don't have to "find" your crypto....you better find your crypto or you're going to jail.

You're expecting some kind of logic or fairness out of family court, this is simply not the case, especially with kids.

That was my whole point. This Higgins guy didn’t listen and probably never will as long as he’s calling us “amateurs”... so just let him be.

It's quite possible he's very knowledgeable about the law, but Family Court is a whole different animal than any other kind of court in the US. I'm not a lawyer but i did over 20 years in Law Enforcement with a lot of court time, and a major topic of discussion for decades as the outcome of court cases (both our professional in criminal courts and the outcomes we personally experienced or witnessed in Family Court). Imagine every criticism or abuse you've ever heard about the Criminal Justice system. Imagine a system a thousand times worse, with almost none of the protections and second chances you get in the rest of the court system.

They routinely throw guys in jail for the crime of losing their job, this won't deter them.

Messages In This Thread