rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Louis CK thread

The Louis CK thread

Quote: (01-01-2019 10:53 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I listened to the bootleg set and while there were some funny moments (mostly in the beginning), Louis' style of humor makes him come across as a disturbed man. Many of his jokes seem to be about genitalia, murder, or degradation.

Quote: (01-02-2019 04:04 PM)bbgun Wrote:  

I'd like to feel sorry for him, but a big part of his act is self-flagellating white guilt. No thanks.

Yup. His schtick always seemed to be, "I joke around about degenerate stuff but I'm actually a nice guy. To prove it, here are some jokes about how white people suck and how men are trash. I'm like a teddy bear with a dirty sense of humor, you should like and trust me". Once the veil gets lifted, you can see how this type of person deliberately constructs a public image in order to cover up their true nature as thoroughly and believably as possible (also see: Bill Cosby).

In our celebrity worshipping culture we've come to see comedians as philosphers rather than clowns (I think this began with George Carlin who did have a lot of good insight into the nature of society, which paved the way for guys like Bill Hicks). Louis is still a worthwhile entertainer, but now we're forced to see him as just that, a source of entertainment and nothing more. One more step in lifting the veil/taking the redpill/whatever metaphor you prefer. Ultimately a good thing.

Messages In This Thread