rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Countries Where Clean Cut White Men Are Treated Like Celebrities?

Countries Where Clean Cut White Men Are Treated Like Celebrities?

Quote: (12-20-2018 07:21 AM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-20-2018 07:15 AM)RespectivePerspective Wrote:  

Quote: (12-20-2018 05:47 AM)Trumpian Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2018 10:17 AM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2018 08:46 AM)Trumpian Wrote:  

Vietnam, but I'll tell you the stares and being the token white guy everybody wants to practice English with does get old after a while.

How many of these practice sessions did you convert into dates or relationships?

And any recommended spots?

I ignore guys and girls alike who try to practice English with me. I'm not a teacher. And I don't work for free. So none lol.

Saigon is the best spot for girls and nightlife handsdown. English levels are noticeably lower everywhere else.

A lot of differing opinions on this, but I would say Hanoi beats out Saigon for girls. Less English, but that wasn’t a hindrance for me in Hanoi, as they seem to be a little bit more curious of outsiders; in Saigon, they’re well used to it, and there also seems to be more swindlers, scammers, and other similarly irritating things. Since Hanoi has been mostly closed off to Western outsiders up until the mid 1990’s when they resumed diplomatic relations with the West, it seems less spoiled by reputations earned by bad behaving foreigners, and I kind of felt more welcomed in a way.

Also the weather is occasionally bearable in Hanoi, while it’s always miserable in Saigon. However, Hanoi experiences streaks with more extremes in weather.

Of all the capital cities i’ve visited in the world, I strangely still consider Hanoi to be my favourite. I’ve always had good times there, whereas Saigon can sometimes be hit or miss, although i’ve mostly enjoyed Saigon for girls overall as well.

Do you speak Vietnamese? And how was the girl situation in Hanoi for dating girls in the 18 to 22 year old age range (for a good looking guy that looks like he's in his 20's or 30's, if that helps)?

I think that it would be right up your alley. Make sure your weight is on the lower side, as the non-Asian skinny body type is still likely going to be considered fat to them.

I was pretty routinely called ‘fat’, but that’s kind of a normal thing in Asia; and while they’ll tease about it, it was only in jest and didn’t seem to hold me back.

I don’t speak any Vietnamese, but I have a long history with the Vietnamese people and thus didn’t have a big learning curve in knowing all about the history and culture from the onset. My knowledge of little details like that almost always proved sufficient in breaking the ice and helping them relax in your company.

The language skills is not really needed to meet girls who are willing to be patient enough to work on your communication over time, but this will only go so far. If you find a girl you love and want to be with her, at least one of you will need to have a decent enough grasp of the other’s native language.

Also, and I can’t stress this enough, don’t get involved with Vietnamese girls if you just want to have a fling. Filipinas should be better for that, as the Vietnamese take things like commitment with a bit more seriousness than what an outsider may be used to. I’ve had at least a few that I became close with that even threatened to chop off the pee pee if I was ever busted fooling around. Considering that nearly all cases of pee pee chopping around the world happens in Indochina, I didn’t want to call their bluff and tempt fate.

Messages In This Thread