rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LTR's Mom keeps mentioning ex-boyfriends

LTR's Mom keeps mentioning ex-boyfriends

Hi guys,

I'd like your advice on the following.

I've been with my ltr for 2 years now. Broken up with her once half a year ago but back together after a month.

In the last few months I've noticed something about her mother.
Whenever there's a family gathering or a meetup where I'm present she mentions one or more ex-boyfriends or flings or whatever of my ltr.
She used to do this in the past but much less frequently, now it's in nearly every conversation.

Nothing crazy, but sort of like, we talk about motorbikes, she's like oh yea this guy my gf used to date drove a bike... or we talk about gambling.. oh yeah this other ex-boyfriend might have a problem by now he used to gamble a lot... whatever..

It's this sort of casual mentioning, and then we swap topics again, but now it's much more pronounced and random then when it would actually fit the topic at hand or to make a point.

I'm not saying the past has to be dead but in the last few months it's getting more and more.

Now normally I either ignore or agree and amplify like a shit test.. but still I find it disrespectful. Not sure if she doesn't notice or is doing it on purpose and whether I should say something to her.

How would you handle such a situation?

My girl just ignores her and when we are alone she's angry at her mum for bringing the names up. Everyone else at the table (stepdad, sister, grandparents etc..) don't say a thing even though they of course know the exes as well and it passes by quickly but still it bothers me. She's the only one to ever mention the past boyfriends but now the frequency is much higher than what would be normal in a conversation.

Now I know my gf's past and it's nothing new to me and her mum is always friendly and nice to me but still it's getting on my nerves and with the holidays coming up I sure could use some advice.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread