rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!

Hey Scotian. I was just surfing the web when I discovered this gem and let me tell you, it has really inspired me to do something with my life. I'm 19 and from down east too, near Port Hawkesbury, but i'm currently living in Ontario now finishing up high school (GED actually lol). I actually thought about making the move out there a year ago, but was discouraged when I saw the housing prices and didn't realize that tradesmen got camp accommodations. You've pretty much answered all of the questions I had and I can't thank you enough, yet I'm still in a jam. I'm currently indecisive about the trade i will be pursuing and also, if i should take the apprenticeship here or in Alberta. I know you're not a life coach or anything and you've done an excellent job providing us with some insight, but a little advice would really help a brother out. Should I get my JM ticket here first then move, or should I pack my truck up, drive out, and go rent a place in Edmonton and pursue the dream out there? and do you think the boom will still be big out there in five years?

Messages In This Thread