rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When should i drop the bomb on my wife

When should i drop the bomb on my wife

I suspect several things are going on here.

Once a woman has children her priorities shift. A man / husband is no longer the top of her "love" list. I suspect its an evolutionary / biological imperative designed to give the child / children the best chance of survival / success

Doc is correct. The fact that she makes more money is a problem. A big part of a woman's attraction "mechanism" is couched in her perception of a man as "higher value" We know for a fact that attraction is not a choice. Its an involuntary response to numerous factors: social, sexual status, physical appearance etc. But a woman's response to those factors change as they age.(A 19-25 yo can find "chemistry" with a broke wannabe DJ , surfer , skater, tatted up stoner, but not a 40 yo woman. The exception of course being the divorcee / cheater that is looking for a fuck toy to give a good hard piping)

In Western society a man's perceived "value" is closely tied to his earning power

(OP Im not saying youre not higher value...but rather that her subconcious perception of you doesn't create the needed involuntary responses)

Additionally I suspect OP has probably unknowingly let the power dynamic shift slowly over time. This is very very common in LTRs (Its happened to me). How? We as guys tend to hate drama (well most of us ...yeah you know who you are. Dont worry I wont mention any names Jefferson [Image: wink.gif]). And because of our repulsion to drama we tend to let little shit slide and pick our battles. The problem is that by letting little shit slide we are transferring our masculine power to her. It happens in teeny almost imperceptible increments over a long time. Before you know you look up and she's the one wearing the pants and a fucking bitch.

Sound familiar?

It gets worse. While this power shift is going on two other things are happening within her:

-She starts resenting you albeit unconsciously because deep down she doesn't want the power. It goes against her nature. She wants a man thats strong enough to hold it. Even though she's unknowingly trying to take it. (Shit tests never end...they just shape shift)

-She's losing her attraction for you. A woman's sexual attraction is closely tied to her emotional attraction

"Men fall in love with women they are attracted to"

"Women are attracted to the man they fall in love with"

It works in reverse too

Solutions?

Well if you had said you didnt find her attractive any more Id have said "bail". But you do so...

You have to take the power back. Its not easy but it can be done. It'll take time and effort.

She may be a bitch from hell but she's still a woman. They aint that complicated

A combination of some dread (though Im not sure of the specific leverage) and behavioral changes on your part. Id need more about her (fears and desires) to make specific suggestions

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Messages In This Thread