rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deadlift is killing me

Deadlift is killing me

Quote: (04-03-2012 08:22 PM)Moma Wrote:  

@whitenoise and metalhaze, what happens when you try and lift a box in the garage and you crumble to the floor herniating your back and etc? What about when you try and open the jar of jam for your wife/female relative and you break your scrawny wrists?

What happens when you engage in some physical activity such as playing badminton, ping pong or frisbee throwing and you split your quads due to the stress on your body?

You guys are fear mongering quite a bit. Weight lifting is merely simulating the activities one experiences in real life. When you face weights in real life, how will you handle it?

yeah, because deadlifting 500lbs is just like an everyday, functional activity... if you happen to be a pro strongman.

there are degrees of similarity, and weightlifting doesn't even come close to approximating most athletic activities, let alone the challenges of everyday life.

i still lift weights and will carry on working out for as long as i can. it's a matter of choosing the best approach in terms of effort and injury risk that works for my goals

for example, i avoid certain things in the gym yet i still play rugby despite it's very high injury rate. i value the experience of playing enough to make the risk worthwhile.

perhaps you have a very durable body. even so, i'm sure there are exercises you would stay away from in the gym because of the (personal) risk involved. bench press while doing a neck bridge perhaps? it's functional bro

Messages In This Thread