rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Coping With Depression

Coping With Depression

Quote: (11-18-2018 12:05 AM)nek Wrote:  

Quote: (11-17-2018 10:30 PM)chicane Wrote:  

I'm at the end of my life. My career is completely fucked. I have no family. I haven't had a relationship in a long time and I'm not interested in overweight divorced grandmothers. The various social outlets I had have all gone down the progressive rabbit hole, so I live in isolation. Not just the lack of sex, but the lack of physical intimacy is really getting to me. It's really tough. Nobody to talk to anymore.

Yes, I lift. I'm getting noticeably stronger. I don't get a rush from it unlike many people.

Every day I think about calling it quits.

For what it's worth, being a mentor may help. You've experienced much of life, and like others have mentioned, there's a great benefit to helping others. Really this is something many of the guys on here should be pursuing. Now more than ever do young men need mentorship. It really does feel good when you get to help some young bucks out. I do this through a boxing program I helped set up with the blessing of the local city government. It's like a real-life opportunity to tell the young version of yourself all the things you know now, in a way you know they'd be receptive to it.

In modern American society, that's not really an option. Single old men are viewed with great suspicion in America these days.

Messages In This Thread