rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

Quote: (11-16-2018 07:25 AM)Trumpian Wrote:  

If you took a middleweight (160lbs) who had placed in some regional golden gloves tourneys, and took him to a dive bar and said "find the biggest guy in here and pick a fight".

The big guy would swing and hit air for a couple minutes, rapidly gas out, and the middleweight would dance around toying with him for a bit. Then boom, counter and KO/TKO him. Every time.

Boxing is severely underrated for self defense. The foot work, speed, ability to find range, and sheer power they can generate via their hands would make even a middling boxer seem superhuman compared to a civilian.

Im not an expert so I wont comment on the rest of the post, TK already did this. Im just commenting on this scenario because it's so ridiculous.

Find the biggest guy in the room and pick a fight with him? I know this is rhetoric, but really? Idon't even know where to start here.

That guy could have a knife, or a gun.
That guy could also be a fighter.
Instead of swinging at you, he grabs you, which actually happens very often in brawl. Now I know you can throw elbows and knees, but so can the other guy.
He grabs you, and he knows BJJ/wrestling.
He swing/throws bottle at you. Bigger guy + improvise weapons?
He is with a bunch of friends.

My 2cents.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread