rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2018 midterm elections
018 midterm elections
Quote: (11-06-2018 06:52 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

It's possible that this is the result of displaced Puerto Ricans after Hurricane Maria voting in this election (obviously they didn't vote in Miami-Dade in 2016). Thankfully, most have a positive view of Rick Scott

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politic...ald-trump/

Quote:Quote:

By contast, more than 55 percent have a good or very good opinion of Gov. Scott — a whopping 82 percent among those who moved to Florida since 2017 when Hurricane Maria devastated the island.

Scott has repeatedly visited the island since Maria and aggressively courted Puerto Ricans in Florida. He is challenging Democratic U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, who has been sharply critical of the Trump administration's response to the disaster.

Nelson is considerably less popular among recent transplants to Florida, with 57 percent having a positive view of the Senator, lower than his Republican colleague, Sen. Marco Rubio, who was viewed positively by 61 percent.

Probably won't help with the governor's race, though

Indeed, that's what I was worried about. Will those new voters tip the balance?

Again, I stress it's far from over. Most Republican strongholds also broke 2016's turnout and there's still more to come in the panhandle, I think.

But I'll reiterate that the governor's race is more important than the Senate race. Gillum is corrupt, insane, and also a potential star for the Democrats. It's essential that he not be allowed to build a national profile. If you thought Obama was bad in his courting of the crazies, he'll be a pipsqueak in comparison.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Messages In This Thread