rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Grad school

Grad school

Quote: (04-02-2012 03:51 PM)porcupine Wrote:  

I will be going to grad school in the fall to work towards an M.A. International Policy Studies.

I really wanted to get into the school, and I was stoked when I received my acceptance letter despite the 50k per semester price tag since my family is well-off, but now I'm having second thoughts; will it be worth it? Or will I be better off just finding the right people and making the right connections and finding a job with my B.A. in Economics and Spanish? (As of now, I don't know anyone.)

50k a semester? Where are you going to John Hopkins?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_H._Nit...al_Studies

I think it depends on your overall goals. If you are pursuing academia or a high level policy making position in the government than yes, your academic credentials and networking skills will be crucial, especially scholarship.

If your parents are fitting the bill I don't see why not. 200k for a masters is highway robbery though. This school better be top tier or you are wasting your time.

Messages In This Thread