rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Stay Young

How to Stay Young

Quote: (04-01-2012 07:57 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2012 07:52 PM)Commander Shepard Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2012 07:44 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2012 05:10 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

Sun Screen is bs...work up a tolerance and don't stay out long enough to get burnt at first...also drink a lot of green tea and consume a lot of antioxidants...the sun is good for you...I'd say its one of the best things for you there is....There is a reason the ancients worshiped it. Americans and the industrial world have become cave people it disgusts me...artificial lighting and stale air are the reasons we are so tired, uncreative, suffer from a.d.d. and laziness...Get out in the sun and fresh air. Sun screen just clogs your pores among many other bad things...it's typical american medicine...it just masks the problem it doesn't solve it.

Agreed.

Check the ingredients of your sunscreen guys..

Most of the stuff is way worse for you then sunlight. The best sun screen is the shade.

If you use sunscreen, use a natural organic. Putting chemicals on your face = Bad idea

I put on Neutrogena moisturizer with SPF 15 on my face and neck every morning. I put Walgreens's sunscreen on the rest of the exposed areas of my body when I know I am going to be out in the sun.

Does this stuff really cause cancer?

I am concerned, especially since my dermatologist recommend I put Neutrogena on my face if I wanted to stay looking young!

Also, what about aloe vera lotion? I put that stuff on me after I take a shower every day as well.

Post the ingredients of both and lets see what the forum scientists think.

Things like aloe vera and coconut oil are generally much safer because there are no chemicals involved.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture,SPF 15.

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (3%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer.

http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Oil-Fre...B000052YP1

Walgreens Sunscreen lotion:
List of ingredients found here.

http://www.goodguide.com/products/180650...waterproof

I do remember using Neutrogena Blackhead clearing scrub a couple years ago to get rid of blackheads. I noticed my skin was starting to lighten after about a year of use. Come to find out there was chloride in the shit. I had to discontinue after that. Smart move in checking ingredients, especially if they are chemicals.

Also, good guide.com gives a breakdown of chemicals in different products and specifically points out ingredients that raise a red flag in regards to health concerns. I noticed both skin applicants have an ingredient that is suspected (though not confirmed) in causing skin toxicity. I guess the best advice one can give is to use with caution. I am considering going organic if I can find a natural equivalent.

Messages In This Thread