rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Old Town Scottsdale Data Sheet

Old Town Scottsdale Data Sheet

Hey what’s up guys. Longggg time lurker/reader here and finally created an account.
So just a brief intro:
White
32 years old (look mid 20’s)
Well above average looks
Well dressed and well traveled
5’11’’ 170-175 fit but not jacked
From and live in NY
Have been to about 10 states and about 14 countries.
Game level is pretty good but could be better in certain areas especially the cold approach. Great at closing not always great at opening.

Anyway.....just got back from a weekend trip to Scottsdale to visit my older half-brother who lives in Mesa about 15 minutes from Scottsdale (he’s 55). Stayed in his 2 bed 2 bath condo which obviously didn’t cost me anything. Read and heard a lot of good things about Scottsdale before coming but still tried to limit my expectations as to not be disappointed. Unfortunately however I was extremely disappointed and would probably never go back if it wasn’t for the fact my brother lives there. I actually feel pretty bad and guilty for disliking the place so much but oh well.

I flew in from NY to Phoenix on a Friday night and got in around 7:30 west coast time. I was pretty tired and jet lagged but was excited to hit the town. First we grabbed a quick bite at in-n-out burger in Tempe and then headed off to Old Town Scottsdale. We got there pretty early (around 830) and started out at a place called the bottled blonde which was located near a bunch of other similar open air bars. It was pretty empty when we got there but all the girls who worked there were hot and mostly wearing lingerie which was pretty revealing and interesting to say the least. Nice to look at but I know better than to waste time hitting on the half naked bar staff. There were a couple of cute younger girls (21-23?) a dozen or so bar stools away from us who I definitely felt like were giving me some looks and vice versa. At that point I was still pretty out of it and trying to wake up and catch a buzz drinking my small $16 Tito’s and red bulls. Anyway I never built up the motivation to make a move, shit the bed, and lost my opportunity. Around 10 the place started to fill up so I thought ok this is getting good. But not really. The ratio got pretty bad pretty quick. I would say 2-3 guys for every girl at least and the girls not really my type at all. Loaded with make up, fake eyelashes, fake lips, fake tits etc. INCREDIBLY superficial both looks wise and personality. The place quickly became overpacked to the point where we couldn’t move and the music was overbearingly loud. This seemed to be the situation with almost every other place on the strip. I personally can’t operate in a place where I can’t move or hear and I get irritated pretty quickly. So we walk a block or so off the main strip and hit another place that I can’t remember the name of. Inside bar and outside bar/patio with a small but decent crowd and music low enough to still hear. We spent most of the time by the outside bar. A cute Mexican girl with an average body then asked my brother for a cigarette and he gave her one and we all started talking. She was 24 and from Arizona but there with her husband and other girlfriends who all seemed to have husbands/boyfriends. She was nice and friendly and at one point quipped “you guys are both good looking I’d do ya both” (with her husband standing not too far away). Kinda laughed it off and continued being friendly then she introduced us to all her friends but as I said all had boyfriends so that was a dead end. A little later I was about to leave so I said goodnight to her and her friends and she asked me for my number right in front of her husband which I thought was strange but gave it to her anyway. She ended up texting me later and said “Hey it’s Arin definitely hit us up next time you’re in AZ” so I replied “sounds good! I’m here till Monday”. At this point hoping maybe she had a single friend or 2 that she could bring out the next night but didn’t hear back from her after that so whatever.

Saturday:

We decide to first try a place in Tempe called “the yard” which is a big warehouse type of bar/restaurant with a large bar, couches, and a dance floor. Got there around 930-10 and it’s pretty dead. We don’t even stay for a drink and just head straight to the W in Old Town Scottsdale. We walk right in and up the stairs to a rooftop lounge/bar with good not too loud music and quite a big crowd. We soon realize that there’s some sort of fundraiser and corporate event going on with all kinds of mortgage firms, law firms, real estate brokerages etc. they all have their own tables and are all wearing some sort of ID tags around their necks. They seemed to all know each other and not really be mingling with anyone else other than their groups. Lots of talent for sure but didn’t seem to be many or anyone there who didn’t belong to one of these groups/companies. Also got the impression that a lot of the people there had A LOT of money. We stayed for a drink and decided to just go back to the less crowded place I forget the name of from Friday night. Once again it’s pretty dead but still 40-50 people there so we decide to just stick it out and make the best of it. We have several drinks there but nothing really materializes and we call it a night.

Sunday-

We decide to skip Scottsdale all together and go to a place called the monastery in Mesa. A lot more casual and laid back than the places in Scottsdale with an inside bar and a huge outside patio, bar, and 2 volleyball courts with sand. We get there around 9 and it’s pretty dead with about 30 people mostly guys and couples. We see one of my brothers friends there so we end up just having a few beers and bullshitting with him. Turns out he’s originally from NY and has been in AZ for years now. He said the place was good earlier in the afternoon and can be very good depending on the night and far less pretentious than Snottsdale as he called it. We both agreed that the girls from NYC/LI could be pretty pretentious and snobby but that Scottsdale is FAR worse. I’ve never seen anything like it. I could definitely see the potential here just not on a Sunday night.

Overall:

I did not like Scottsdale at all. I found it to be extremely superficial and pretentious and don’t see a whole lot of potential there for me at all. I hardly got any looks or indicators of interest which is pretty unusual for me. Maybe if I had a younger wingman closer to my age it would have made a difference but still I didn’t get the impression that it would have changed all that much. Just not my style whatsoever. I also was not a fan of the bars/clubs and didn’t dig the vibe there at all. Even just from the outside they reminded me of the cheesy tourist places in Cancun with bright gimmicky signs. They also all seemed to have ridiculously long lines to get in. As others have noted I really didn’t see many opportunities for day game either. I’m sure some guys would like it and do well but just not for me. Next time I go back to visit my bro I will def avoid Scottsdale.

Messages In This Thread