rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any strategies on drinking less?

Any strategies on drinking less?

I've been going out 4-5 nights a week for the last 6 weeks and I haven't had a single drop of alcohol.

Personally, what does it for me is the desire to improve at game. I know that I can be a bit more confident and spontaneous when I drink. But then I don't feel any more powerful, proud of myself or self-actualized at the end of the night. The first few nights not drinking were a little brutal, but once I got past that I just got really used to not drinking.

It helped that I went out with wings for the first few times and was able to feel very comfortable socially even when I wasn't drinking, those first few times. Now, whether I'm out solo or with other people, I have no qualms about asking the bartender for water or when people point at my drink and ask why I'm not drinking.

So, my advice would be to realize what the cost of drinking is, to yourself, then just stop drinking for a week or two. Make sure you keep going out so you build up positive reference experiences that tell you you can go out and not drink and still have a good time. Then, after a couple weeks, you just build up momentum and don't want to go back.

16 Countries in Under 2 Years and Counting - How I Fund My Travels: http://www.EarnOnTheRoad.com

Messages In This Thread