rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russian language: no more bullshit

Russian language: no more bullshit

Quote: (10-20-2018 10:01 AM)Shemp Wrote:  

@Gopnik: ТРКИ-2 is much harder than ТРКИ-1, I can see from those sample tests I linked to. But in regards to the writing, I had some questions. Do they expect handwritten cursive Cyrillic? Do they nitpick the formation of cursive? Can you use cursive but separate the letters versus connecting them? Do you have to use correct uppercase cursive or just bigger versions of lowercase, for letters with slightly different official uppercase and lowercase cursive?

I never ever write handwritten Russian, so this would be something I'd have to learn specifically for the test. I'm not too worried about grammar or vocabulary in the writing part of the ТРКИ-1 test, since I frequently write emails in Russian using my smartphone. (Though my spelling might need some work, since the smartphone has a spell checker.)

I'm not sure whether they expect it or not but I would just learn anyways as it will also allow you to understand natives when they handwrite something as well as different cursive scripts you might come across. It takes a while to get used to but it's not that hard. It also allows you to write faster, I can't imagine having to write the letters ж or д the way they look on a keyboard as opposed to the cursive version which is more simple.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Messages In This Thread