rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Book/sources on women moral decay at the fall of Rome/other empires?

Book/sources on women moral decay at the fall of Rome/other empires?

Adding all this to my To Do List.

Quote: (05-16-2018 11:42 AM)jasond Wrote:  

Read "Sex and Culture", by Joseph Unwin. A survey of many ancient civilizations including Rome. Best book on the topic...should be available in pdf via google.

Quote: (05-16-2018 11:48 AM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

The Roman writers at the time wrote about how men refused to marry an raise families. A certain emperor (I think it was Augustus) instituted financial penalties for those Roman men (citizens) who did not marry. Emperor Vespasian went as far as offering cash incentives to get the Romans to have more children. Vespasian was alarmed that the Romans were being replaced by immigrant populations (sound familiar?).

This is an excellent book on the decline and fall of Rome. Its theme is about how the loss of technology, trade, and security (the author wraps it all up under 'comfort') affected the (former) empire.

https://www.amazon.com/Fall-Rome-End-Civ...ll+of+rome

Quote: (05-17-2018 10:54 AM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Sir John Glubb, the Fall of Empires

Short, fascinating, very obvious looking back at history. You can get it on .pdf easily for free on the net.

Quote: (05-17-2018 01:10 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

Short, fascinating, very obvious looking back at history. You can get it on .pdf easily for free on the net.

I second this. One of the best easy reads available. For the record though its "The Fate of Empires" not fall.

Quote: (05-17-2018 02:14 PM)Truth Tiger Wrote:  

I'd send them to The New Modern Man blog by our own Relampago Furioso. His essays are excellent, especially on Oswald Spengler's 'The Decline of the West.' Very relevant to red-pilling your friends.

https://relampagofurioso.com/spenglers-c...ion-model/

Quote: (05-22-2018 08:43 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Done and done, actually the context was that, I recommended them to read John Gubb's, they got mind blown about how accurate it is (immigration, religion, prosperity leads to decadence, bread and circus, gladitorial game (modern rock star) etc.) but it starts getting too political. I tried to stay away from that these days. We're living at exactly just before the Crisis of the 3rd century Roman equivalent.

I wanted to focus on the aspect of women to let them know that it's just their nature, that this is nothing new. It's historical and in a sense, inevitable as the "European empire" reach a certain degree of prosperity. I personally find that life is much more enjoyable once you accept things the way they are, maybe my buddies would think the same.

Not so much to red-pill them but so that they stop bitching around [Image: lol.gif] Look on the bright side, it has never been easier to bed sluts, both now and during the fall of Rome.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Messages In This Thread