rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2017 Stock Market thread
017 Stock Market thread
Quote: (09-26-2018 11:49 AM)Arado Wrote:  

GE stock has really taken a dive over the last few years, seems like it's pretty cheap now. Anyone think they can recover or is it game over?

They've been selling off a lot of their businesses in the past 10 years: NBC, GE Financial, GE appliance, transportation and now they're going to spin off GE Healthcare which is their most profitable remaining business. After that it'll just be the core industrial stuff left. Given that the remaining company will be around half of what it used to be at peak levels, it's very unlikely to me that the new GE will rebound to former numbers.

Still, at these prices, I think the shares you get from the healthcare spinoff make it a fairly good buy even if the parent company is a shadow of its former self. And the remaining core business (aviation, power plants, renewable energy) isn't going anywhere and seems fairly recession resistant. Not gonna back up the truck, but I see it like buying Honeywell and getting some Medtronic shares for free.

Messages In This Thread