rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Los Angeles Data Sheet - 2018

Los Angeles Data Sheet - 2018

Saw this thread so thought I would wade in with one of my overly long nightlife reports. I went to LA in July for couple weeks with a friend against my better judgement having been there before and though it was a scruffy dump full of very weird people. Followed advice on the forum, this time was actually awesome, even extended my stay (LA is still a real fucked up place tho). Was hot as balls, damm! Got an overpriced apartment in Weho with a pool that was pretty nice and didn’t even venture to downtown. Went out every night and almost died (getting old, mid 30s)

Found it ridiculously easy to open girls there, in fact they opened us most of the time which was surprising. I had always thought LA people to be way too aloof to be impressed by an arsey British accent that they must hear all the time in such a global city… but I was wrong. The girls were generally trashy and fat but there are plenty of model type gems and vulnerable transplants but you have to hunt for them, similar to London. Also lots of really nice Persian milfs which I didn’t expect. Anyway… onto the nightlife:

Catch
This was a really nice place. The venue looks very inviting inside and I can see why the chicks love it for their instagram. Unlike some of the other restaurants I visited, the bar area was larger and scene here was buzzing even on weeknights. We ate outside on the terrace one evening and surprisingly the food was ace. Probably my favourite civilised place overall in Los Angeles. Plenty of quality girls here in groups.

1 oak
This was a place I didn’t want to go to, after having visions of rap hell but I was persuaded to go by friends on a drunken bender. I think we paid 20 bucks each to get in, so the door wasn’t exactly tough. Luckily when we entered it was EDM night rather than hip hop night and I have to say I was impressed with the crowd. The venue itself was smallish but lots and lots of very nice girls and many douchey looking guys posing zero competition. However, the club was incredibly loud to the point of nausea. We stayed till closing and spent at least an hour playing gutter game outside the venue which was fun indeed.

Highlight Rooms
Well this place was crazy, and probably rates as one of the best clubs I’ve ever been to (and believe me I’ve been to a lot of fucking clubs). This place was everything I envisaged a Hollywood club should be. We choose it mainly because it was outdoors and ended up going twice at the weekends. The talent and ratio here was immense, drunk trashy girls in shorts twerking and falling on the floor, russian models, people smoking blunts everywhere. Awesome… gets the Alotovmuff award for best night out in LA for sure.

Skybar at Mondrian
This was another excellent venue that I had been to on my last trip to LA when it was a dead weeknight. This time on the weekend it was pretty awesome, smallish but good layout and definitely classier and more refined than Highlight Rooms. Good talent, good ratios.

EP&LP
Started our nights here several times as it was nearby but wasn’t really that great. Outdoor space with nice views but crowd was a bit young and hipsterish for my liking. No top level women, just average trash. Big line to get in too. Don’t see the appeal frankly.

Cecconis
Boring italian restaurant that was recommended as having a bar scene but seemed old and stuffy. Waste of time, mediocre food.

Tao
Pretty spectacular asian restaurant that reminded me of Buddha Bar. The bar at the top is quite large, seemed to have a proliferation of very nice persian girls. Recommend this place for warmup drinks definitely.

Laurel hardware

Small bar with terrace outside, unremarkable but pretty good crowd and bartender was a geezer. Went there several times and found it very easy to speak to people here. Looks like a dive from the outside, didn't realize it was actually in a former hardware store doh.

Good times at Davey Waynes
Hipster pub style with band playing (pretty good as you would expect for LA), biggish garden for smoking. Didn’t like the crowd… too cool for school and generally ugly. Made a girl cry here during a heated political conversation which filled me with pride.

Avalon
Went here late on one of our benders as it seemed to be the only place open. Turned out to be a ravey dump so we left after about 20 mins. Weird people, shithole of the highest order.

Beauty and Essex

Dumb name but nice looking restaurant with a small bar. Plenty of model chicks. Stopped in here as it’s opposite highlight room. Recommend.

No vacancy
Heard this was an elite spot so thought we’d check it out. Huge scrum waiting to get in (no discernible queue)… the people outside looked like utter losers (presumably why they weren’t getting in straight away but hey) so we didn’t even try and blag our way in we just walked off.

Ysabel
Nice restaurant vibe with nice chilled outdoor atmosphere and indoor bar. Lots of hot girls on dates at the tables but no real talent at the bar. Definitely worth a look tho.

Employees Only
Small speakeasy type place. Again the bar here is quite small but the crowd was reasonably upmarket so worth a look.

Delilah
This was the only place that rejected us (and I have good door game believe me) so I’m guessing it must be awesome and full of hotties. Shame.

Harlowe

Mentioned on the forum a lot and nearby so I stepped over the lake of piss that surrounded the doorway and entered this place with trepidation one weekday night. Was basically a shithole pub full of men. Guess it was the wrong night.

Weird place in koreatown (I think)

So this was an interesting one. We were invited to an afterparty by a mixed group we met drunkenly at Highlight and had visions of heading to some mansion in the hills to rub shoulders with the great and the good. Sadly it wasn’t to be… instead we were taken to some weird place that had these kind of large booth rooms in koreatown where everyone was off their heads on white and there seemed to be a number of hookers lurking as well. We stayed for a bit and then got the hell out of there as it all seemed a bit sketchy. Kinda funny tho as we were wasted.

Overall I had a great time and think i got the LA experience I was hoping for. Really tho the amount of homeless people and junkies everywhere is really out of control… santa monica and hollywood were pretty sketchy even in the daytime. Would I visit again… definitely. Would I live there… hell no!

Messages In This Thread