rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

I am going to try this out and report back.

Background: I did a "paleo-only" diet a few years back, and felt great. Over time, I allowed myself a cheat day here, cheat day there, and fell back into the general "eat everything" diet.

Lately though, sugar has been making me sick, especially a combination of a capuccino and some pastry or cake, and I found myself super tired after lunch or dinner every time. Something like a large pizza would basically render me unable to do anything useful for the rest of the day, tired and swollen.

I was thinking of going back to paleo when I discovered this carnivore thing. It's intriguing. And eating meat can be very satisfying in this primal way, especially if it comes with bone and marrow.

For now it's meat plus eggs plus some cheese, and coffee during the day, and wine in the evening, so I don't know if that counts or how much.

I find the logistics of this the biggest challenge. Finding grass-fed, free-range source of meat in a country where this is not readily available in stores (I have to buy direct from farmers or on farmers markets). Feeding myself while on the road (I travel for business 1-3 days a week). Finding and trying out recipes such that I don't get bored with the same old stuff (but this is true for any diet).

Messages In This Thread