rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

career advice

career advice

whats up everyone, i'm a junior in college, and this summer i'm going to have to get an internship. i go to school 2 hours away from where i live, i love the area i live in and would not mind living there for the rest of my life as long as i was successful.

anyway, i'm having a hard time deciding what direction i want my life to go in. basically after college i have two options, and i'm not sure which one would be more rewarding or better. so here are the two and i'm looking for inputs from all you older folks.

option 1.
get a consulting job, live in a populated city, philly, pittsburgh, new york, etc. have most of my life just be working hard w/ co workers as a team on a project, traveling a lot, and having fun on the weekends. But again.. working a LOT.

option 2.
go back home, get a government job that probably will pay the same if not a little more than option 1s job. Do jack shit at work .. literally. Buy a house, invest money in apartments maybe, buy toys like quads, cars which i love, and hang out w/ old firends i've grown up with and go out every weekend. but not living in a big city like philly, living in a rather small area, where everyone kinda knows everyone.

its really hard for me to decide. because part of me feels like i would have a blast with option one, traveling, making money, working w/ young ppl the same age as me, and almost having the time of my life. but i'm afraid it may not be all of what i expect. now option 2 seems like much more slow moving for me and something i can do for the rest of my life. areas where i would not have fun at work would be made up for at home and on the weekend w/ my free time. and with government i can work shorter and get bangin benefits

or i could do option 3 which would be do option 1 for 2 or 3 years, then settline back home and doing option 1 for the rest of my life. so i dont really have anyone except my parents to ask this too, so i want to see what younger adults opinion on this subject

Messages In This Thread