rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Brazil election thread

The Brazil election thread

Quote: (09-07-2018 04:38 PM)MANic Wrote:  

I do hate to intrude, particularly given that I'm not an avid follower of Brazilian politics, however, I am mildly disappointed by this thread.

A quick look around will inevitably lead to the discovery that Bolsonaro's bravado belies his lack of consistent and logical policy. His economic policy is a farrago of mismatched and inconsistent ideology. He has pussyfooted around economic protectionism (has rhetorically retracted much of his views at different times), has a vague imprecise tax framework and has absolutely no concrete plan to address a huge budget deficit.

Over and above this, I can't really ignore his egregious poor form - serilization, military rule, his religious myopia (in certain instances, he seems little more than Cruz V2.0), the comments about certain ethnic groups, about his daugther etc. He hasn't displayed even a minute trace of penetrative thought. The lack of innovative nuance in his proposed solutions are deeply worrying. With all due respect, Bolsonaro ia closer to your average low iq tradie or keyboard warrior than Trump.

This forum is far too binary in thought (muh right) to adequately scrutinize certain individuals. I agree with him on certain social issues (faggots, abortion etc.), however, I don't really feel as if his fixation on them is healthy, given Brazil's financial health this should supercede all other considerations.

P.S. protectionism in a developing economy is vastly different to its application to the USA (the imagined stable security in a sea of volatility).

I agree with what you say. However, the political game is based on rhetoric and pure emotion when you have universal enfranchisement. DJT understood this perfectly and now it is being emulated to a significant degree with a guy like Bolsonaro.

Yes, at the moment, I would also agree that the forum is binary in its political discussions. The DJT thread will have more in-depth analysis of the finer points of politics (trade, economics, immigration statistics, dialectic, philosophy). You won't really find it in the Brazil election thread because Brazilians don't make up a large user base of the RVF. In depth and proper discussion will likely be had on portuguese language forums.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Messages In This Thread