rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!

Quote: (07-29-2018 03:30 AM)echelon Wrote:  

complete newb here so forgive my ignorance. but is there any way i can work the oil fields in the middle east and make decent money? i graduated high school but dropped out of college. im only 20, american, and i have zero experience in the oil industry. what would be the first steps to take to work the fields in the US or middle east?

You can't work in the ME. The first steps have been described in the past 5 pages.

Quote: (07-30-2018 07:15 PM)echelon Wrote:  

do entry level jobs for offshore rigs pay a lot more than land? what would the general figures be?

Offshore is more dead than those Parkland HS kids. Actually inland wireline pays more than offshore from what I heard.

Quote: (08-05-2018 09:49 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

I'm at a schlumberger training facility, with about 500 other workers training in various product lines. Most are in their 20s and very few above even 35.

One of the old instructors let slip that 3 out of 4 quit within their first year. Fucking 3 out of 4, and they pay us generously while we're here. It's all 'expensed' which reduces SLB's taxable income so it's like a political payoff shell game while the grizzled veterans hold the line in the field. SLB made a huge push to get more women engineers so there's all this nice 22 yr old tail running around, many of whom have never held jobs yet supposedly will be running frac crews lol. They won't last in the field but it makes it fun here.

I know what I'm getting in to and how valuable 100k a year is, and how there is probably an imminent economic depression within 5 years (if we're not already in it) but these new kids just don't know or care.

I learned my lesson last crash but these young kids, all talking about buying new cars are going to get ass reamed in a couple years either through the next crash or simply quitting thinking they will find good employment elsewhere.

I doubt engineers will run frac crews or jobs, that what treaters are for. Not to mention engineers probably can't troubleshoot pumps or the line in case a hand needs guidance over the radio.

From what I heard, they leave because of pay or being tired of SlumberGAY's policies. Bigger companies are more about doing checklists than getting the job done, zero fucks given about customer service...all that matters is that you followed protocol. Homoburton's pump procedure takes 30 minutes to get all your pumps in gear, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes if you're not fighting pressure.

Even then, I joined my first crew almost exactly a year ago. Only one (out of 16) other guy is still with the company. Everyone else jumped ship because of pay, new rules/managers, and other crap. Calfrac is offer 22 an hour, compared to C&J's 16 or FTSI's 17.50. Personally, I prefer a bigger hourly rate (15 hrs @ $20) over HAL paying 18 hours at 16 because after 110 hours the gubbmint tax rapes you.

Let the first timers make bad decisions right now so they can say "Let me have on last boom, I promise not to piss it away this time" later on....[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]. Those lifted Platinum Edition F-550s aren't gonna buy themselves son!

In other news, I think I found Scotian:

Even better videos:
https://www.facebook.com/birdseedofficia...567971319/

https://www.facebook.com/birdseedofficia...006294708/

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Messages In This Thread