rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exporting a girl to a slightly-more-Western country is fraught with problems

Exporting a girl to a slightly-more-Western country is fraught with problems

Quote: (08-14-2018 07:46 AM)Winston Wolfe Wrote:  

If someone put a gun to your head and you HAD to answer: "Where will you spend the rest of your days, starting right now?"

What would your answer be?

I think the reality is that most people would pick their home country. In most cases, both you and your girlfriend will each pick your respective home countries, if it would really come down to it. And I do think those are the only two choices you have. Picking a country neither of you are from can be fun at first, but in the long run it's a recipe for disaster for the reasons already mentioned.

So then it becomes a matter of who is going to make "the sacrifice" i.e. who is going to settle in the other's country? And this is without even taking into consideration the many advantages and disadvantages of both options, from both your perspectives.

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. In most cases, there is no answer that truly satisfies the both of you. There certainly hasn't been for me, in several relationships with foreign girls.

My conclusion so far is that if money wasn't an issue, I would settle in her country and we would frequently visit my country and my family (at least twice a year for 1 month or longer). Of course this course of action comes with its own set of challenges, most of which can be solved by making enough money to support a lifestyle like this for your entire family. Tough, but not impossible.

Honestly, my answer would not be my home country.

I really have no desire to return to the States. I conduct my businesses there and that's plenty. Visiting is nice, full-time, no desire to.

If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably say based off of my travels and where I've been happiest....I'd say hers.

Your last paragraph is actually my ideal. In my perfect world, probably would base in her home country 9-10 months of the year. I make more than enough (location independently) that I can fund both of us traveling extensively. Do this for a few years and then settle there.

Maybe the answer is staring me right in the face of the gun you mentioned.

Messages In This Thread