rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is sales so hard?

Why is sales so hard?

I do sales, 100% cold calling unless I happen to get a referral. It's a challenging gig; the lows can be brutal but the highs are so sweet.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I don't think the prospect cares about the salesperson getting paid commission, sometimes when I can't close the prospect they'll ask if they can call the company and get the same deal (no) and/or that I'll get the credit/commission (definitely not).

Trust is absolutely crucial. Whenever I slow myself down and spend a little time building some real rapport with the prospect the sales conversation becomes way more solid instead of someone just going along to be polite. I read somewhere "If they like you they'll listen to you, but if they trust you they'll buy from you." - Zig Ziglar, I think. Makes sense, referrals are the easiest sales of all time because the trust is already there.

Sales is hard and scares people because 1.) no guarantee of getting paid / you eat what you kill and 2.) people don't like rejection

Messages In This Thread