rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Computer programming lounge

Computer programming lounge

Quote: (07-20-2018 07:31 PM)godzilla Wrote:  

Im coding calculators (not exactly just summing it up.)

Trying to get into more data visualization. Anyone know some great courses for that ?

What kind of calculator? Is like Windows/OSX calculator where you type/mouseclick buttons and calculate shit? or are you looking to build more of a Matlab type deal where you have a shell you can type your math and get it drawn, as a desktop application? Or a web application? Mobile maybe?

For a web app, if you already know basic JavaScript (and preferably some React so you can whip up some $$$ looking UIs) you can get right into the D3.js framework. With its literal fuckton of visualization components and high customizability, you can draw any sexy graph that you desire. Both React and D3 has tons of tutorials available online. The barrier to entry for D3 can be a bit steep but after you get the basics it gets way easier.

I started a project using this exact stack to whip up some data viz to be displayed on big TV screens in sales and accounting departments at a client. I didn't finish it, I laid the ground work and slapped the rest on some junior devs because shit barrier to entry like I said, plus I had other projects at the same client. Nevertheless it went fine and the client was super happy with both the quality of work as well as completion time and cost etc.

Bottomline: look at D3

Edit forgot to add: run all this stuff on the MERN stack. https://alligator.io/react/mern-stack-intro/

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

Messages In This Thread