rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In the western world, is hookup culture a young man's game?

In the western world, is hookup culture a young man's game?

Still in my 20s guys but I do love to think a good deal about the future as well as plan for it.

I know people here are saying how it "gets old" but my take is that there are a sizable number of guys out there, even on this forum, who were not the hotshot Chad in high school or their college days. For a Chad type of guy, I definitely see it getting old because he got it "out of the system" by the end of college or early-twenties at the latest.

Now there seems to be a mixed perception that thirties are a man's prime and for the guys who put in the work to better themselves, due to not having the easy upbringing a Chad from an affluent family had, that their chance to experience hookup culture will come too.

I fall into that latter camp, didn't really have my coming out party until I graduated college and moved to NYC and I still feel like I have a lot to get out of my system. At the same time I question a lot of things, especially this part of thirties being a man's prime, I kind of see that as misleading for guys who get into game. I wish whoever said that would clarify that these are prime years to be a husband or for LTRs because I mistakingly thought of thirties being a man's prime in the sense that a guy in that age range can easily immerse himself into the hedonistic hookup culture.

For guys who missed out, I genuinely think the idea of sleeping with countless random women in your thirties or even avoiding marriage altogether is a godsend.

I genuinely do want to know what avenues and opportunities are available for the well put together 30-something guy who avoids marriage and decides to exclusively pursue the player life. If there are some tough realities, I think we talk about this instead of accepting things are better for men in their thirties. Lets talk about some of the obstacles in the way such as feeling out of place, difficulties gaming younger women, the objections women around your age put up and the tough issue for a player of avoiding LTRs and women trying to go for a lockdown while witholding sex.

If there genuinely is a deadline to "get it out of your system", I think younger guys could benefit knowing that than working hard for years only t arrive in their 30s and realize they were misled.

Messages In This Thread