rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In the western world, is hookup culture a young man's game?

In the western world, is hookup culture a young man's game?

This might be something that has been discussed and I may need to be linked to the topic.

I define hookup culture in this thread as the lifestyle of jumping from woman to woman, getting with randoms and being a bachelor while getting sex from a lot of different women.

It has dawned on me lately that a lot of the avenues that promote hookup culture such as dating apps, nightlife and the hedonist party lifestyle are all geared towards younger people. The perception is that in your teens and twenties, you "get it out of your system" and by your thirties, you get your shit together. I am a big supporter of this idea when it comes to career and finances, not as much when it comes to relationships.

The guys I have seen live that sort of lifestyle are younger. Almost all guys I know over the age of 30 who would have a high market value with women are in LTRs or married with kids, rare for me to meet an exception. It is not common at all for me to meet a guy who is over the age of 30, has a nice career, makes good money but is a bachelor living the player life.

Even though this is a game forum and great minds such as Rudebwoy have said that men peak around the age of 35, I cannot help but ask this question. Various times I have got the feeling that this idea of smashing randoms, even among guys on this forum, is seen as very low value and not the right way to live life past the age of 30. You're supposed to somehow be over all that by the end of your twenties.

Then I come to think of how out of place a guy over 30 would be at a nightclub, bar and the many avenues that offer an opportunity for hookup culture to happen. Sure options like daygame are always available but there is this other issue too.

I start to wonder at that point, if you have to go full lone wolf because of how harshly people around your age who are settling down will judge you for sleeping around. The tough decision you would have to make with socializing, whether you keep friends around your age or make the decision to get younger friends who you feel out of place with. All this leads me to a point where I can't help but think that once over 30, you will have to go through much more hurdles to live this sort of a life.

A lot of guys on here talk greatly of foreign countries outside of the Anglo world which makes me wonder if for a bachelor over the age of 30, a move outside of the US is necessary in order to live this sort of life.

What would you guys say about this from your own experiences or what you have observed?

Messages In This Thread