rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

Quote: (07-10-2018 03:07 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

I'm in - day 3 now and feeling great, energy levels fine. I was on a keto diet immediately before this so it wasn't a big transition for me. I'll see how it goes for 30 days.

I'm on day 2 and I feel like shit. I'm guessing it's the keto flu, as I never did strict keto before and I'm coming off a pretty carb-heavy diet.

Currently living on coffee with heavy cream, fatty ground beef, cheese, eggs over easy, diet coke and the sparing use of generic Crystal lite packets. Some of the internet carnivores will claim that anything other than meat and water isn't true carnivore diet, but I figure it's close enough for now. That Bear dude claimed that 5 grams of carbs or less a day is close enough, so that gives you some slight wiggle room with certain things, like heavy cream or eggs (eggs apparently have 1/4 gram of sugar in them).

Many of the benefits I've noticed from intermittent fasting, I am also noticing from the meat only diet, although it's too early to tell. The vast majority of those benefits ie energy levels, lower anxiety, greatly increased concentration, better sleep (no snoring, impressive from a family plagued by sleep apnea) - I believe these are all connected to the absence of rollercoasting blood sugar levels and the bodily inflammation that comes from that. I also believe that certain vices like drinking, smoking, and sugar addictions are all related in that respect.

What always scared me off a full blown Keto diet was all the diet gurus telling me that I'd waste away if I did anything strenuous on a keto diet. I decided to just say "fuck it" and give it a shot for a month to see what happens.

If it doesn't work out, I'll just go back to the intermittent fasting with somewhat leaner meats, "clean" carbs like rice and oatmeal, and vegetables.

In closing, if the meat only diet doesn't work, I lose a month or two of time. If it does work and does what some folks claim it does (higher testosterone levels, insane recovery, increased endurance, few if any deleterious health effects, improved sleep, improved bone and dental health, reduced or eliminated depression and anxiety, leanness) then I will definitely have gained.

It's easy to get carried away with testimonials so I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread