rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

Quote: (07-10-2018 02:53 AM)DrugAdvisor Wrote:  

Going into monk mode to trim fat off, i found this easy to follow. For those of you who are on this too, do you measure out how much meat you eat in a day?

General concensus is "eat till im full" but there are days where youre more hungry than others due to outputs.

Why would you trim off the fat? That's the best part. You'll never feel satiated without enough fat.

I think this is a matter of trying it out to see how it works for you. You won't find many people here who have tried this long-term - I only did it for two months several years ago - so nobody is qualified to give definitive advice. Treat it as an experiment and report back your findings!

"Eat till you're full" would be a good starting point. My experience is that it's impossible to overeat fat and protein - there comes a point , even if your belly isn't full, where your brain tells you it's enough, you're statisfied, and you simply don't feel like eating any more. (Compare that to eating pizza for example - you can completely stuff yourself to bursting point, but it's always possible to eat a little more).

The only possibility where it may be possible to overeat could be with ground beef. Yesterday I bought 1kg of ground beef and consumed it throughout the day as hamburger patties. But when I looked at the nutrition stats I was surprised that it came to 3320 calories (140g of protein and 300g of fat). That's too much for one day. Compare that to 1kg of sirloin steak which comes to 2440 calories (270g of protein and 140g of fat). I think it would be impossible to eat that much sirloin in one day, but overeating the ground beef was very easy for me. My theory is - (and take this with a grain of salt because even I'm not convinced) - that ground beef is made by "processing" cheaper cuts of meat which are usually difficult to consume in large quantities into something which is as easy to consume as a steak. Kind of like how it's easy to consume 2000 calories of processed wheat, but impossible to consume 2000 calories of unprocessed wheat. (I know that's a vastly exaggerated comparison, but you get the idea). When I get back into this (after I get back from holiday) I will take the approach of eating a variety of meat and eating until I'm satisfied. Perhaps one day would be a steak, some hamburger patties, chicken drumsticks, eggs and some offal.

Messages In This Thread