rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet

Quote: (07-06-2018 08:26 AM)Horus Wrote:  

snip

I think they key to eating this way however is eating organ meat, and I don't think that eating only muscle and fat is optimal. You need to get used to eating liver especially - if you look at the nutritional profile of liver it really is a superfood. If you're squeemish about eating liver (which I understand) that's something you just need to get over. The primitive hunter gatherers that have been studied (which give us a decent idea of how most pre-agricultural humans lived) often ate the liver raw as soon as they made a kill, as they believed (correctly) that doing so would replenish their hunting power. Adding liver to your diet (and other organ meats) will have nothing but benefits to your health. Some people try to "hide" liver inside their food. But I find the best way to eat it is to slice it into thin pieces and shallow fry it in butter or other fat for about 20-30 seconds each side, so that it's still a little pink in the middle. Don't overcook it! If you cook it properly it should melt in your mouth. It's definitely an acquired taste, but my experience is I began to crave it once I got over the "ick" factor.

Anyway, I'm not an expert. I only have the experience of my short experiment several years ago. But I'll report back as I progress.

That Bear dude claimed that the liver is generally to be avoided because it contains carbs and has what could be toxic levels of certain vitamins on an all meat diet. Don't know if it's true or not but I'm fine with eating blue steaks and sunny side up eggs. I might give this a shot.

Quote: (07-09-2018 01:57 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

What would an all meat diet cost every month at the grocery store?

I'm running the numbers currently and it'd be pretty fucking cheap on fatty hamburger, eggs, butter, cheese, coconut oil, and the occasional ribeye.

I don't much care for Reddit, but the guys on there say the easiest way to do it is to eat 1.5-3 lbs of (generally red) meat in a sitting, throw in some eggs, cheese, and spices when you get bored. Where I'm at, 3 lbs of fatty hamburger (the cheapest of all hamburger) is like $7. Fat is the most important nutrient, you want to get at least 60% of your daily intake from fat, if not 80%. I'd probably end up having a large morning coffee with a lot of heavy cream and then eating all my steaks with butter.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Messages In This Thread