rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do girls like feminine k-pop guys?

Why do girls like feminine k-pop guys?

Quote: (07-01-2018 10:23 AM)Bluto Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2018 09:13 AM)dontuan Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2018 08:54 AM)Bluto Wrote:  

Snip

It's not necessarily the case that being a musician gets you all the hot ladies. One of my friends is a lead singer on a well known industrial rock band and he says there aren't many girls into that scene and the ones who are are not attractive or feminine. I've seen it and he's right.

I'm talking about how come these girls are going all groupie for those specific traits and image of these k-pop performers. Girls be swooning and tell me how they love how the guys look. They're also in many ways dancers more than they are musicians.

I also know guys who kind of just riding the coattails of the k-pop popularity. They're not musicians at all but just mimic the image and persona to get girls and it works for them.

I can't remember the last time anyone ever brought up the subject of industrial music (never called it rock before, maybe this is something different?). Back when I first heard about it that sound had a small following, mostly goth-types before it was called goth. There were some edgy attractive women into it but nowadays they'd likely be fatter and just blend into the sea of pierced & inked weirdos with black fingernails & stupid hair.

As for the K pop phenomenon, it might be a variation of the hipster boyfriend syndrome. Another poster in this forum - Kaotic, maybe - once observed with respect to hipster couples that the guy always seems to be somewhere between a gay bestie and a pet. Relationship wise the guy always seems to need the girl more than vice versa.

FWIW, I recently attended a birthday part in Philly. 20 people or so; mostly women. Everybody was asian; mostly Vietnamese. Some of the boyfriends seemed metrosexual and docile in a k-pop kind of way. These weren't FOB kids either, they grew up in the US. Not sure what's pushing it but it isn't just a Korean thing.

Messages In This Thread