rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How can we end forum beef?

How can we end forum beef?

Personally speaking, I do a lot more reading than I do posting. Like Stalin, I was on the fence about posting, but here it goes.

As far as beef, in any pack you've got the lead wolves laying it down on the lower tiers. Sure, it stings a bit, and the lower guys eat last, but everyone works together at the end of the day to take down the reindeer so they can all get enough to survive. As the alpha wolves get older and phase out, the next generation takes the torch with the lessons learned and continues on. They might be different, but they have more in common than otherwise.

Regardless of your political views, I would argue that anyone who is seriously here for fraternity and the betterment of themselves realizes the anti-men climate we're living in. That, in my opinion transcends any difference in opinion. At the end of the day, we have more in common than not. Most men want the same things. Progress. Money. Experiences. Women. Sex. Family. Intellect. It's my belief that if you can offer value in any one of those areas, you will find a place here.

Unless I'm posting here, or in the fitness forum sometimes, I always try to ask myself: is this post adding value? If you look at posters like WIA, kaotic, jariel, etc, you can see the pattern. They're always trying to add value. In my opinion, there's too many newbies here who have gotten away from that. At the end of the day, the younger guys like myself have to learn, go out into the field, test, improve, and report back their experiences. That's how we keep driving value. My generation just sucks at taking action, which has not helped this forum's quality.

It's also been my belief that political bickering is not a value add. Part of the reason I avoid discussing politics is the emotional charge that people feel with politics. Guys are acting like women when you say something that counters what they believe. Discussion of why you believe that way is instead replaced with "you're wrong" etc. As opposed to reaching common ground, and working with what we do share in common, we let small splinters drive us apart. For someone with a very full life, that's tiring.

The only overhaul we need is for RVF members to remember why we are here above all else. It's hard to truly beef with someone when you share so much in common. Meetups encourage that, and that's what I want to focus on for 2018 personally. If I can add 1/10th the value of what has been freely given to me here, that would be an accomplishment.

Just my thoughts, feel free to critique.

Messages In This Thread