rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

Quote: (06-20-2018 02:04 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Has anyone here registered a trademark in China and/or the US before?

I've registered a few Trademarks in America both at the state and federal level. For federal trademarks with the USPTO (US Patent and Trademark Office) you want to start by searching the following link to see if anyone has registered or has a pending registration for a similar trademark.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f...i57onh.1.1

Most fellas are smart enough to file a USPTO action on their own, but what gets complicated is if someone contests your filing, or if the USPTO declares that your trademark is too similar to an already registered mark. If that happens you're going to need a lawyer to save yourself the trouble.

But I can't speak for China, but in America similarity is the standard that your mark is judged by. The more similar the design, pronounication, or spelling of your mark to another registered trademark, means you'll be denied trademark protection.

Messages In This Thread