rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gloucestershire cheese rolling- share your Old World traditions

Gloucestershire cheese rolling- share your Old World traditions

We just had one of the great ones, in the Trooping of the Colour. My friends are often junior officers in the Guards regiments, so it adds a personal element to the show, and is always amusing and nostalgic to see a guy you used to roughhouse with sitting on his horse looking magnificent in a bearskin and tunic. I don't always watch it, and never sit through the whole thing, but I love the regimental bands. There's no army in the world that can match the British Army for navigating military ceremony with such style and aplomb - our guys just get that balance right every time. When I see the Grenadier Guards in their full uniform, knowing the long, proud history of the regiment, standing there with such weighty dignity, it gives me a real thrill.

19:30 in the video below for a couple of minutes is a nice example for anyone interested.

Messages In This Thread