rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Margin Trading - How, What, Why

Margin Trading - How, What, Why

Quote: (06-03-2018 08:02 PM)Burnerman Wrote:  

I have a lot of experience with margin trading, and I'm not talking about small numbers here. Trades were routinely in the 6 to 7 figure range. Long-term I'm in the green, but I stopped months ago. It is far to stressful, when I was margin trading it was by far the most intense financial stress I've ever experienced. I would sometimes sleep with open trades in the 7 figure range too.

First of all, if you are going to margin trade don't even think about 100x. Thats novelty. Think about what you are doing: you are day-trading the most volatile asset class in the history of mankind and multiplying the risk profile with financial leverage. Does that even make sense? Your leverage should be in the 2-5x range that's it. 10x if you are really feeling ballsy.

The other main issue I have with margin trading is that ONE trade, yes only one can wipe out 20 profitable ones, if you are not careful with risk management. You really need to be a cold, calculated, emotionless sociopath to be successful. Most people are just not built for it. In addition, there is one thing to lose $ on a trade and another to lose actual coins. Margin trading is the only avenue in crypto you can actually lose your coins via margin calls. Its one thing to lose 80% in an ICO, with the potential to recoup losses, a whole worse scenario to lose 100% of your coins.

ICOs are infinitely more lucrative. I'll probably pick margin trading up again, but purely just for fun, with a small stack and no more than 5x leverage per trade.

If you can't sleep because of trading you are using way too much money. That is the number 1 sign your position size is too big.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Messages In This Thread