rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

10 day water-only fast completed
0 day water-only fast completed
Quote: (06-06-2018 12:00 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

Congratulations. Do not feel bad about not meeting your initial goal. My first fast, I had a goal of five days and only made it 3-1/2 days. It just felt like it was time to stop (weak as a kitten), so I did.

Everything that you mentioned sounds typical (i.e., within the range of normalcy), except for one thing: losing 17 pounds in only five days. That is a great deal of weight in a short time. For example, I lost almost exactly twenty pounds during a 14-day water-only fast. I think that a pound to a pound-and-a-half is fairly typical for weight loss, with two pounds at the top end of the range. Of course, everyone is different. Perhaps you are a really big guy, so losing more than three pounds a day is proportional to your weight. Thanks for sharing your fasting story.

Thanks for the encouragement. Don't feel bad at all, 5 days is nothing to be ashamed of and it would've been foolish to suffer exorbitantly. The last 24 hours were just to see if the nausea/headaches were temporary or not. To your point about the weight-loss, my walk around weight is from 165-175 @ 5'10", but I've always had issues with water retention, probably from being morbidly obese until I was 20.

My girlfriend insisted on having dinner out at our favorite Korean restaurant right before the start of the fast, and so I gained an extra 5-6 lbs. from the sodium bomb I had that last meal. I was expecting most of the total weight to come back after resuming eating so I'm very pleasantly surprised that a decent chunk has stayed off.

Messages In This Thread