rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Join the French Foreign Legion

How to Join the French Foreign Legion

Quote: (06-03-2018 08:42 PM)renotime Wrote:  

I have to admit the saturation diver claim is suspect. You don't just get training and become a saturation diver. You have to get training, start out as a tender and then eventually break out and become a commercial diver or underwater welder. Then after a few years you become a saturation diver. It's the major leagues of diving. This is how it was explained to me by a commercial diver.

Now, if Nola went to commercial dive school with the intent of becoming a saturation diver somewhere down the line and it never happened, that would make more sense.

You're correct

Read my post nomadbrah sited where I simply offered advice on the topic as I used to hang out with a lot of career commercial divers. I did go to commercial diving school while in college in the US for an ADC cert. I also later went to INPP in France while in the Legion for saturation training outside of my requirements in because I was training in Marseilles for the Legion.

In the Legion we are allowed to get continued education after a curtain point. I got the training which required two bell bounce dives and I completed to full stint dives to qualify for my DCBC requirements and HSE.

People in the service can go to college even when active duty the Legion will allow you to continue education during your down time on you're own dime. In fact we were encouraged to do it.

It's not like becoming a civilian Captain where all you need is another licensed Captain to sign off on your time and the gross tonnage of the vessel you worked on. At least that's how the USCG does it.

Messages In This Thread