rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Jordan Peterson political thread

The Jordan Peterson political thread

Quote: (06-02-2018 03:59 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

I'm reasonably certain he believes that he can tread a path that results in a net positive for humanity, and that being disingenuous about certain facts of life (to put it nicely) is a reasonable trade-off for working toward the greater good.

He's not willing to split his audience by getting into Right wing purity testing bullshit. He's a true and genuine benevolent centrist, so unicorn-level rare these days in a sea of partisan shills and egos that it's almost impossible to believe he's not on the take.

I'm not saying he'll be effective in the long term but I'll put it this way. If I were building an intellectual seed bank to aid in the rebuilding of civilisation after a collapse then his work on fatherhood and its factors in healthy childhood social development would be among the premiere resources I would acquire.

This is what people can't get. Everyone seems to have worked out a master plan in their own head, and when Peterson doesn't line up with it, the character assassination comes out.

Jay Dyer's criticisms are especially ridiculous, because he claims to be a Christian, claims to live a life based on faith in Jesus, and yet he goes to town with all these pedantic, I have a degree in philosophy, arguments.

If Jay Dyer had faith, he wouldn't say that Peterson's philosophy leads inexorably to incoherent solipsism, because he would believe that God is in control and that all things are working towards the good.

All of these ethno-nationalist arguments are based on the assumptions that if there is a God, he is not getting involved in human affairs, and we will have to work this out for ourselves, and ethnic nationalism makes the most sense based on science and history.

God doesn't want us to fight the Jews, he wants us to convert them, and he hasn't clearly spoken on how he wants us to organize future society, but seeing as how all men are considered brothers in Christ, even if we did sort out by race, it would be purely practical, and with no animus to any other group.

If you are going to take a Christian point of view, which critics like Dyer and Vox Day claim to have, first of all, you are not supposed to judge non-Christians by Christian standards, and second of all, you have clear directives in the Bible not to be a mocker, and to turn the other cheek, and yet guys like Day and Dyer sound sometimes like schoolyard bullies making fun of an underclassman.

How can two people who don't even live up to their own philosophy be taken seriously when they accuse someone else of being in error or not living up to his?

The hypocrisy is amazing.

They are pretending, for the sake of their own proud feels, not to be sinners themselves and going hog wild.

God can and does work through whoever he wills, and he is not taking directives from Dyer or Day, no matter how righteous they feel themselves to be.

I would say the two of them are woefully bereft of spiritual discernment, and are foundering on the sharp rocks of coldly literal, overly analytical, and ultimately cold hearted rationalism.

Gonna have to quote Mr. Neubache again:

Quote:Quote:

If I were building an intellectual seed bank to aid in the rebuilding of civilisation after a collapse then his work on fatherhood and its factors in healthy childhood social development would be among the premiere resources I would acquire.

Jordan Peterson is a gift to all men everywhere. He is teaching people to take responsibility for themselves and for their societies instead of being demoralized resentful snowflakes, and young men are flocking to him and changing their lives jsut by changing their mindsets.

And all people want to talk about are the Jews, race *realism,* and all about how he is secretly a puppet of the global masters.

This is all fine for atheists, but if you have a spiritual bone in your body, you have to know that the global elites aren't in power, they are only in power for now.

Peterson is calling for men to be better men, and he is doing it, sometimes imperfectly, messily, but he is doing it and young men are listening.

What sort of men do you want for the future, these guys or the ones who win arguments on the internet?

Forget that though, he ran from a fight when he was six, and Vox Day has a bunch of black belts and a hotter wife than Peterson, so, you know, wronnngggg.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Messages In This Thread