rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health: Growing out hair

Health: Growing out hair

Alrighty gentlemen, I have a few short tips and observations from the world of hair. I have been growing my hair out on and off since 2007 and have hit upon a system. Currently have ~19months of hair on my head (enough for a decent ponytail).

Video related

Here's ten easy tips for maximizing your head of hair.

Tip 1:
Cold showers, my man. The more you shower your hair cold, especially if it's relatively fine hair (my hair is fine and blond), the more it will thank you. Start warm, wash clean, finish cold.

Tip 2:
Shampoo roughly once weekly, every other day at the most. Don't be afraid to use a lot of conditioner, especially if it's very sunny or cold outside.

Tip 3:
Never use a blow-dryer. Never brush when wet. Strain water out of your hair with your fingers or blot gently with a towel.

Tip 4:
Vegans usually have disgusting hair. I chalk this up to some lack of nutrition. On the converse, my border collie has the glossiest coat I've ever seen on a dog, and it's for one good reason. She hunts around fields and chicken roosts and sucks eggs. Eat at least two eggs and something fatty on a daily basis.

Tip 5:
Dirty hair is strong hair. Dirty hair looks better than you think it does. In a pinch, cold-wash your hair and face in the sink, no soap. Don't be afraid to be a greaseball.

Tip 6:
If you can't grow a beard, or have a noticeably weak jawline, don't grow out your hair. I have a fairly weak jawline but a respectable beard, so it works.

Tip 7:
Trim if needed. Not recommended for two years.
Don't trim your bangs during the awkward stage. Trimming the mullet back a notch is acceptable. Wait until you can tie it back comfortably, then trim the split ends out of the bangs.

Tip 8:
Long hair draws attention to your neck, shoulders, and face. It doesn't work well with a pot-belly. Hit the gym. Get your swell on.

Tip 9:
Some places have very hard water. Always wash your hair in cold soft water or use a "clarifying shampoo" every week or two. Once you clarify, all the deposits on your hair will be gone and it will be soft and flossy. I only use it when I want to look especially fly. Don't do it too often.

Tip 10:
Low ponytail = badass
Loose hair, thrown back from face, neck exposed = studly
Slicked hair, trimmed, pulled behind ears = champion
Long, straight/slightly wavy hair, piled around shoulders = Charlemagne.

High ponytail = bad
Wavy, wide hair = shitty

Basically, anything that drastically increases the width of the front profile of your face makes the overall shape rounder and more effeminate.

Hope you guys make some use of this. I don't care if long hair is popular or not, it's a distinctive trademark that women take notice of. However, I have noticed that men wearing buns seems to be all the rage in men's fashion magazines, which I find puzzling.

Now that I tie my hair back, I get fewer "your hair is really long" comments and more "you look really good" comments. This is because the year-long (awkward) transition stage from crew-cut to lion's mane is a pain in the ass, and people seem to measure the length of your hair with the degree it obscures your eyes.

I'll post examples of badass long hair when I get back.

Messages In This Thread