rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

General questions about investing in South East Asia

General questions about investing in South East Asia

Quote: (05-17-2018 01:15 PM)Mr.GoodThread Wrote:  

Okay, I guess we got a good thread out of this after all... I appreciate all of your replies and I appreciate the effort in writing all of that up (really do).

Suits, although it'll be more expensive, would you be able to say that Japan is less shifty and underhanded (strictly speaking about business practices) than China and Southeast Asia?

Pargan, nice post to sum things up.

People are not above underhanded behavior in Japan, but there is definitely a greater sense of rule of law there and equally importantly, honour.

China is not an honour culture. Behaving with honour is viewed as stupidity/weakness. Korea pretends to be an honour society, but isn't.

Japan actually is.

Not that Japan is some paradise. It's far more racist than China (where the people are uniformly nationalist and selfish, but not specifically racist -- they don't care who the have to sit next to on the subway, as long as they get a seat -- many Japanese don't want to be anywhere near a non-Japanese person and view non-Japanese people as subhuman).

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread