rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Unorthadox Methods and Cost of Increasing Physical Attractiveness

Unorthadox Methods and Cost of Increasing Physical Attractiveness

Quote: (05-09-2018 03:34 PM)Mig Picante Wrote:  

The reason for wearing retainers for 12months+ following treatment is that once the teeth move, there are gaps in the bone where the teeth used to sit that take far longer too heal once the teeth have moved. If you don't wear retainers the teeth will return to where they were before easily as there is no bone in place.

Some people can get a wire attached to the rear of the teeth to hold the the teeth in place which performs a similar function.
I'm nearly 3 years post-invisalign and still wear retainers each night. It's likely I will have to indefinitely.

I'm about 3 years post braces (for the second time) and I wear my retainer every night. I had them when I was about 9, lost my retainer about a year after and by 13 they had all moved back. I also have the wire attached to the back of my bottom 6 teeth. If you've had braces/Invisalign because you NEEDED them, you'll probably have to wear the retainer for the rest of you life if you want to keep your teeth nice.

Messages In This Thread