rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

Quote: (05-07-2018 02:11 PM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-07-2018 08:17 AM)Siddartha Wrote:  

Good morning Gents,

I've taken a running dive into resources for becoming self-employed and an entrepreneur over my day job of burning my life to create value for others that don't much know nor care that I exist.
I'm balls deep into the Tim Ferris and Jocko Podcasts, and reading through 4 hour work week and the 100$ startup.
I also get together with another dude in this entrepreneur group we started; who's currently spinning up his company now, but it's just us in this entrepreneur group and he's far closer to his current goal than I am.

I'd like some good books, reccs or anecdotes about becoming financially independent and starting one's own business and networking with the like minded.

You need an idea first. Then you have to have a REALLY DETAILED and thought out plan with contingencies. THEN you have to learn to execute. THEN after all of that, you need to be prepared to have a failure plan.

Quote: (05-08-2018 08:48 AM)Ski pro Wrote:  

Quote: (05-07-2018 11:56 PM)Siddartha Wrote:  

Quote: (05-07-2018 01:57 PM)Ski pro Wrote:  

You don’t need books.

You need an idea. Then get on with making it work.

Stop procrastinating.
Quote: (05-07-2018 02:11 PM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  

You need an idea first. Then you have to have a REALLY DETAILED and thought out plan with contingencies. THEN you have to learn to execute. THEN after all of that, you need to be prepared to have a failure plan.

Do you not ask those that have fought the hardest battles for some wisdom before stepping into the ring?

I installed a whiteboard in my room and putting every actionable idea I get along with it's next immediate step on it.
I have one idea that I'm currently cooking up; but it's simply a health and lifestyle e-book without any online/blog/twitter presence/momentum behind it currently.

Going to need to set up a website at some point and look into twitter marketing. Aside that, read through this thread, and look for local entrepreneur/crypto meetups near me.

You see this is more like it. This is the sort of work that will get you somewhere.

There are too many people around who claim to be entrepreneurs but don’t have the mindset for it, too many people giving advice to entrepreneurs who are actually fucking employees.

When you sit around listening to Tim Ferris who is selling you a false dream on how t short cut the hard work it takes to run your own gig, that is not becoming an entrepreneur.

You have to get off your ass, do work, get busy. Look around, there’s an idea somewhere for you. I have businesses in a couple of fields where there are already businesses of that type. Just doing that better counts as an idea.

I’m not bashing on you man, I’m just telling you to get on with it. You’ll learn far more by getting involved in something to see if it works than listening to podcasts, reading books or asking the fine gents in this thread for their advice. You do those things as a compliment to what you’re doing.

[Image: clap2.gif]

Over planning and over thinking is just an excuse not to take action. Ski Pro has it. Don't get your weight loss advice from a fat Doctor...

I never heard of a "failure plan" and I am around entrepreneurs all the time. What the fuck is this? Sounds like a plan to fail.

Messages In This Thread