rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Will I get divorce raped in court even if I'm not American?

Will I get divorce raped in court even if I'm not American?

Quote: (03-11-2012 02:12 PM)Donald Duck Wrote:  

We all know what marriage in the States mean for men, but will I also get slaughtered by the court system in the US even if I don't have a job history or a mortgage in the US?

It depends on several things, but if you don't plan to have kids, if you come to the US without some significant assets, and your wife has a job and makes close to what you do, I don't see any way for you to get "slaughtered" by the court system. At least here in California (the divorce laws here are defined by the state)

Despite the impression you might get, the divorce laws in the US seem to be pretty fair. A typical complain usually involves a dude who's doing well financially who married an attractive but poor (ex-)party girl with a crappy job; sometime he even makes it worse by turning her into the housewife. Don't go this route and you should be fine.

Messages In This Thread