rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best English Language Bible?

Best English Language Bible?

Quote: (04-18-2018 06:43 AM)Mage Wrote:  

As you can see Reform Judaism is but one group among many. If you want to make arguments against Judaism as a whole please include all groups shown in this image, with explanation why the one group of Judaism you belong to is better then others.

Uh-huh.

You've previously-shown that you're disingenuous and flippant to considered thought. Matthew 7:6 (in once school of interpretation) is most likely applicable, but Proverbs 9:8 definitely is.

In a non-religious context, my girlfriend was talking the other night about a friend of her wasting all of his time writing 'reams of text' on Facebook when fighting Leftists, "... like they're even capable of changing their mind when they hear the truth."

I nodded. "Like Gamma Males."

This is why it's taught that you don't argue with souls that need the most mercy, you simply pray for them to be enlightened by the Holy Spirit, which offer a useful act of compassion rather than dismissive judgmentalism.

-----

As to the graphic, (a /leftypol/ and /pol/ favourite), it's simply strengthened my suspicions that my line of thought was on the right track.

Everything that the majority of people would consider 'Judaism' - as being separate to Christianity, Mormonism, Islam etc - other than Sadduccee, and which exists through observation, teaching and action as clearly Adversarial to Christianity, descends from the Pharisees, whom Jesus rebuked as listening to their Father, Satan. He wasn't fond of the Sadduccee's either.

As such, I don't hate Jews. I just recognise that I expect them to oppose Christianity at every opportunity - an easily-observable pattern of behaviour - so pray for their eventual conversion to Christ. They possess free will.

Which makes me think of an article I read recently, by a Jewish writer congratulating her people for constantly being annoying and overturning political and social structures of their host countries in their favour.

NATURAL LAW

(To hear God) You only need to be still.

REFORM JUDAISM

Be a constant irritant.

The choice is like being an eagle on high, floating, suspended in an updraft, or being a mosquito buzzing around everyone's heads. Observing the first inspires a sense of awe in the soul, the latter... well, everyone's relieved when it goes away.

Messages In This Thread