rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with the death of your pets

Dealing with the death of your pets

Quote: (04-15-2018 01:53 PM)Ski pro Wrote:  

I need some advice gents. Vet appointment tomorrow am.

My faithful hound is very old, 15.5 and has even diagnosed with advanced kidney failure. Also has back problems that now can’t treated because his kidneys won’t cope with the drugs.

He hasnt really got up on is own for a week now and falls over constantly. Not eating unless it’s human food ( eating is what he lives for normally), Hardly drinking. His breath smells like death.

He doesn’t really do anything during the day as of course he can’t go anywhere without someone getting him up. When he does go out he pisses and shits ok. He can walk about 30meters before getting tired.

I had pretty much come to the decision that tomorrow is the day to have him PTS but tonight, spurred on by the food we were eating he got up and started moving around hunting for food.

Now I’m second guessing myself.

Logically what ie written says it’s time. But I don’t want to let him go too early if he still has some quality of life. He’s by my side literally for 13 years.

I would appreciate some perspective inputs. I think it’s me that can’t bear to let him go.

Ps. This is not helped by us going on holiday tomorrow but that would be 6 hours in te car with a sick dog.

Dang, Bro. That's rough. I had to put down my mom's dawg when I was 20 years old. The dawg was 14 and had terrible cancer. So, yeah, that dog had been part of the family since I could remember. My mom just couldn't do it herself. But the dog was pitifully ill and horribly unhealthy. I just decided that I'd do it because my mom asked and I knew she wouldn't be capable.

I got up. Cooked a big meal of bacon for her. We went to a a quiet field and I played with her for a while, said my goodbyes. Then we went to the vet's office and I held her in my arms while she died.

It's fucking painful. I won't lie. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Messages In This Thread