rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

Quote: (04-14-2018 06:13 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2018 07:00 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

As said, atheists don't believe in zero gods,

lol, thats the fucking definition of an atheist...

I prefer to judge by actions rather than words, and most atheists quite clearly behave as though they believed in science as their god or, as you rather interestingly omitted, themselves.

Quote:Quote:

You can certainly have blind faith in science. Most of the population does,

Well you can read back to the much more civilised chats I had with the now banned Laska about this topic, but if you think 'having in blind faith in science' is even possible, then you don't understand science my boy.

A fundamental principle of science is that 'no blind faith' is allowed -everything is up for challenge - which is diametrically opposite thought paradigm to religion.

Well, unless the idea goes against the prevailing paradigm in many cases. Then it's quite clear certain scientific principles are not, indeed, up for challenge when you judge by scientists' actions rather than words, and indeed there appear to be any number of sacred cows in science that it is not wise to challenge. Global warming, for one. Poor old Chandrasekhar learned how much his ideas were open to challenge when he dared to be an upstart little Indian up against Arthur Eddington. "Oh, but they eventually agreed Chandrasekhar was right." The Catholic Church agreed Galileo was right too eventually, I don't see any credit given for that.

And that aside: I've posted before -- and indeed alluded to one post ago -- how most people require translation, interpretation, of both science and religion. They cannot know it themselves, so they must take scientists' assertions wholly on faith. And the very fact that there are morons out there who engage in what has been called 'scientism' (n. thought or expression regarded as characteristic of scientists; excessive belief in the power of scientific knowledge and techniques) makes the point for us: people can and often do have blind faith in science. Or are you suggesting the average person can assemble their very own cyclotron and spin up a few Higgs bosons for themselves? Slam a couple of bits of enriched uranium together and start the chain reaction on their own?

Has anyone called you a paedophile or homosexual in this thread?

My post last page is in direct response to exactly this, learn to read...

I did. And I see there Fortis's suggestion that many proponents of atheism are just as homo and pedo as the Catholic crooks they criticise. I didn't see anyone accuse you specifically.

That aside, Fortis's point seems to have been about a seeming concordance between butt and/or childfucking and atheism. You seem to have found that an offensive assertion. On the other hand, given what you've seemed to assert in this thread in the past--

"His wisdom" always gets handed down by some corrupt, shady, self interested, altar boy fiddling intermediate.

--I'd say if you can't take it, don't dish it out my friend.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Messages In This Thread